Halfway House Placement
A halfway house is an environment that helps people suffering from addictions transition from in-depth treatment to their normal lives and routines. A halfway house has many of the comforts of home and provides individuals with a much greater sense of independence.
Halfway houses typically offer the following to residents:
- A safe drug and alcohol free environment, so there are no temptations at home.
- Supervision, meaning someone for addicts in recovery to be accountable to. Many halfway homes have curfews and want to have an understanding of a resident’s day-to-day activities. This helps keep them substance-free.
- Routine drug/alcohol testing to ensure that relapse has not occurred.
- Group and individual counseling.
- Assistance rebuilding a recovering addict’s life. For example, offering guidance when it comes to finding a job, choosing hobbies, and managing stresses.
- Family programs where addicts in recovery can begin rebuilding relationships with loved ones, without living in the same household.
Attending a halfway house program can help an addict ease back into normal life and start to cope with the stresses that ultimately come with recovery. For more information on suitable programs in the area, please contact us, as we offer halfway house placement services.